Nominations for the 2018-2019 AEIRS election are now closed. Online voting will be available between February 14th and March 15th. Continue to check this section for more information.
John Eichinger, Chair
The following are the duties that people elected to the following positions are responsible for.
The President-Elect assumes the office of President at the annual business meeting, one year post- election. The President-Elect will use this year in office as a period of self-education in all matters relating to the association.
The President-Elect will:
1. perform all the duties of the President in the case of absence or inability to act
2. attend all Board meetings of the Association
3. acquire a thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Association
4. prepare committee appointments and present for Board approval at the annual meeting
5. evaluate the needs of the Association and be prepared to institute new measures to enhance the progress of the Association
6. become familiar with parliamentary procedure
7. serve as the advocate to the Publications Committee
8. send a personally written card to the ERB chair, Journal Executive Editor, Spectrum Executive Editor, and Managing Editor acknowledging the BOD’s appreciation of their efforts
9. serve as advocate under direction of the President
10. request financial support through contributions from associated groups and companies to be used for: educational sessions, food or social functions, door prizes, educational materials/supplies, etc.:
11. provide sponsor recognition throughout the annual meeting.
The Director-at-Large will:
1. attend and provide input to discussion at all meetings of the BOD and annual meeting
2. assist in the operation of the AEIRS in all responsibilities of the BOD
3. serve on standing and/or ad-hoc committees as appointed by the President
4. serve on the annual meeting committee as a member or chair
5. become familiar with the AEIRS bylaws and the procedure manual
6. serve as a resource person for the membership
7. provide leadership and direction toward the accomplishment of the AEIRS goals and objectives
8. communicate with the AEIRS Board and membership in a timely fashion.
9. serve as advocate under the direction of the President