2016 Election – Call for Nominations
Call for AEIRS Nominations
Nominations for the 2016-2017 AEIRS election are now open and will continue through January 18, 2016. The following positions will be filled by election: President-Elect and Director-at-Large.
- President-Elect: All active AEIRS members who have served on the AEIRS Board of Directors are eligible for the position of President-Elect. The term of service is three years for this position (one year each as President-Elect, President, and Chair of the Board).
- Director-at-Large: All active members of AEIRS are eligible for the Director position. The term of service is three years for the open Director position.
Some members feel that they should not run for a Board position because they are not qualified, they have no chance of winning because they are “unknown”, or they cannot commit to a “huge” obligation. Nothing can be further from the
truth! AEIRS values its members and welcomes all those interested to run. We are a voluntary operation and this is a way for you to become more involved with the wonderful people in this organization.
Although there is some time commitment for the positions, it is likely nowhere near as much as most members think. If you are interested in running for office, or if you know someone you think would be an ideal candidate, please contact Kenya Haugen, Chair of the Nominations Committee. She would be happy to discuss the requirements and/or the process with you.
Information will continue to be available on the Elections Page of the AEIRS website.
Now is the time. You are the right person. Get involved. Self-nominate today!
The Declaration of Nomination form and the duties of the offices are listed below. Continue to check this section for more information. Candidate Profiles and ballots will be available in February.
Declaration of Nomination Form
Kenya Haugen, Chair
Helena M. Coello
The following are the duties that people elected to the following positions are responsible for.
The President-Elect assumes the office of President at the annual business meeting, one year post-election. The President- Elect will use this year in office as a period of self-education in all matters relating to the association.
The President-Elect will:
- perform all the duties of the President in the case of absence or inability to act
- attend all Board meetings of the Association
- acquire a thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Association
- prepare committee appointments and present for Board approval at the annual meeting
- evaluate the needs of the Association and be prepared to institute new measures to enhance the progress of the Association
- become familiar with parliamentary procedure
- serve as the advocate to the Publications Committee
- send a personally written card to the ERB chair, Journal Executive Editor, Spectrum Executive Editor, and Managing Editor acknowledging the BOD’s appreciation of their efforts
- serve as advocate under direction of the President
- request financial support through contributions from associated groups and companies to be used for: educational sessions, food or social functions, door prizes, educational materials/supplies, etc.:
- provide sponsor recognition throughout the annual meeting
The Director-at-Large will:
- attend and provide input to discussion at all meetings of the BOD and annual meeting
- assist in the operation of the AEIRS in all responsibilities of the BOD
- serve on standing and/or ad-hoc committees as appointed by the President
- serve on the annual meeting committee as a member or chair
- become familiar with the AEIRS bylaws and the procedure manual
- serve as a resource person for the membership
- provide leadership and direction toward the accomplishment of the AEIRS goals and objectives
- communicate with the AEIRS Board and membership in a timely fashion.
- serve as advocate under the direction of the President