During the fall of 2013, technologists and educators representing the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS) and the Section for Magnetic Resonance Technologists (SMRT) of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) met to update and revise the multiorganizational Magnetic Resonance Curriculum document.
The draft of the Magnetic Resonance Curriculum containing proposed revisions is now available for review and comment. This initial draft document will be available for review and comment for six months. An e-mail address has been created to record reviewer comments. Please use the following link to submit your comments: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following this initial posting, comments and recommendations for edits to the draft will be compiled and shared with the curriculum revision project work group for consideration. The goal is to have a final document to consider for adoption by November 2014.
The target to complete the sequence of curriculum review, revision, posting for community review and comment, and submission for formal adoption is the first quarter of 2015.
A companion transitional document has been created for easy comparison between the current curriculum and the draft containing proposed revisions. This document contains color-coded text highlighting the differences as follows:
• RED— New or expanded content.
• GREEN — Revised or edited content.
• PURPLE — Moved content.
• WHITE — Deleted content.
Special recognition must be given to the following individuals who volunteered their time to participate in this curriculum revision project:
• Rebecca Blankley, M.F.A., R.T.(R)(M)(CT)
• Cynthia Gibbs, M.A., R.T.(R)(M)(CT)(MR)
• John Reyna, R.T.(R)(CT)(MR)
• Tiffany Roman, M.Ed., R.T.(R)(CT)(MR)
• Loraine Zelna, M.S., R.T.(R)(MR)
• Richard Weening, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(CT)(MR), FAEIRS
• Maryann Blaine, M.A., R.T.(R)(MR)
• Maureen Hood, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(MR), FSMRT
• Gene Southers, M.Ed., R.T.(R)(MR)