We are excited to offer more online resources for our members and those in our profession. Our goal is to increase networking for educators and clinical instructors with up-to-date and cutting edge information and support.
Follow AEIRS on Facebook
Not an AEIRS member yet?
JOIN AEIRS TODAY
Visit the Educational Opportunities page often. You can obtain up to date workshop and annual meeting information.
Share your expertise! The Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences would like to invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 2019 AEIRS Annual Meeting being held at The Hilton Waikoloa Village in Waikoloa, Hawaii. The meeting dates are July 11th and July 12th. This is the premier event for Radiologic and Imaging Education professionals. As a speaker, you will enjoy the prestige and satisfaction of presenting to the most active and committed educators in our profession.
Suggested session topics:
• Teaching the transgender student/classroom diversities/ students with mental health issues/ADA
• JRCERT new standards; ASRT present curriculum
• Digital imaging concepts
• Writing across the curriculum for radiologic technology
• Active learning strategies
• Retention strategies
• Professional leadership development
• Experiences with accreditation/outcome assessment/ writing and identifying benchmarks
• Online/hybrid teaching- most effective methods
• Hands on learning and experiments in energized lab/ live lab curriculum and structured activities
• Clinical expectations
• 3D printing
• Advanced modalities
• Dealing with difficult students
• Use of technology in the classroom
• Compliance with Act 508- Federal accessibility mandate as of 1/1/17
• Innovative teaching techniques
• Radiography lawsuits
• Differences between student generations
• Creation of new programs and reasons programs close
• Strategies to develop new educators/ how to develop & mentor faculty members
• Classroom management strategies
2019 Annual Meeting Chair
Join A.E.I.R.S. for the 51st annual meeting in South Carolina!
The 2018 AEIRS Annual Meeting will be held at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina. meeting dates are July 12th – 13th.
See the 2018 annual meeting page for additional information.
The 2017 AEIRS Annual Meeting was held in St. Louis, Missouri on July 12th – 14th. Check the 2017 annual meeting page for handouts and additional information.
Voting for the 2018-2019 AEIRS election is now closed. Thank you for helping to shape the future of AEIRS. The election results will be posted on April 1st. For more information visit the Election Page.
The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging
The AEIRS advocates the use of the highest standards of radiation protection that will facilitate diagnosis and/or treatment. In keeping with ALARA principles, these include but are not limited to the use of shielding and the use of the appropriate amount of radiation necessary for medical imaging or treatment.
Our webpage offers subject matter under five headings: