Welcome to the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences, Inc. (AEIRS) web page.
We are excited to offer more online resources for our members and those in our profession. Our goal is to increase networking for educators and clinical instructors with up-to-date and cutting edge information and support.
Visit the Educational Opportunities page often. You can obtain up to date workshop and annual meeting information.
2017 Annual Meeting
Join A.E.I.R.S. for the 50th anniversary meeting at the hotel where it all began!
The 2017 AEIRS Annual Meeting will be held at the Chase Park Plaza in Saint Louis, Missouri. The meeting dates are July 13th – 14th.
See the 2017 annual meeting page for additional information.
2016 Annual Meeting
The 2016 AEIRS Annual Meeting was held in Portland, Oregon on July 14 - 15. Check the 2016 annual meeting page for handouts and additional information.
AEIRS Election 2017
Nominations for the 2017-2018 AEIRS election are now closed. Voting will be available between February 15th and March 14th. For more information visit the Election Page
The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging
The AEIRS advocates the use of the highest standards of radiation protection that will facilitate diagnosis and/or treatment. In keeping with ALARA principles, these include but are not limited to the use of shielding and the use of the appropriate amount of radiation necessary for medical imaging or treatment.
Visit the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging Website
Our webpage offers subject matter under five headings:
- Events & News will give you information regarding what's new with the organization, updates on our past and upcoming meetings and seminars, and election postings.
- About Us gives you a look at the strong history of the organization including charter members, past presidents, past Honors lecturers with our annual Call for Honors Lecturer, and the Academy of Fellows and the annual call for Fellows applications are also a part of this section. Contact information for the Board of Directors and all committee, liaison, and appointments are included here. The AEIRS Bylaws and any proposed changes to be voted on at our annual meeting can be viewed in this section along with our progress with our 5 year strategic plan.
- Members only allows AEIRS members in good standing to view our exclusive periodicals including past issues of our progressive journal the Radiologic Science and Education and past issues of our newsletter the Spectrum. Members will also be able to vote for elections online and participate in online surveys to direct the leadership of AEIRS too. In addition, members can update their contact information through this section and download any forms or applications relating to AEIRS membership.
- Services section includes membership applications, links to our periodicals along with submission deadlines and contact information to our editors. To build networking among radiologic and imaging education professionals, a networking section the AEIRS Forum, with a bulletin board and communication dialogue is new too. Viewers in this section will also be able to track postings on upcoming annual meetings or seminars with a link to provide online registration for attendance.
- Resources is a section designed to be a first stop for educators to post or check out our Job Board, curriculum information, and teaching materials to complement your program. Our online store offering specialized AEIRS merchandise will also be a part of our resources. In this section, you will also be able to link to other professional organizations including advance degree programs.