Welcome to the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences, Inc. (AEIRS) web page. We are excited to
offer more online resources for our members and those in our profession. Our goal is to increase networking for educators
and clinical instructors with up-to-date and cutting edge information and support. Translate AEIRS Website
Visit the Educational Opportunities page often. You can obtain up to date workshop and annual meeting information.
2014 Annual Meeting
The 2014 AEIRS Annual Meeting will be held on July 17 – 18, 2014 in Providence, Rhode Island. The host hotel will be the landmark hotel, the Providence Biltmore.
For more information, visit the 2014 Annual Meeting page.
AEIRS Election 2014
Online voting is available between February 15th and March 14th.
You have the opportunity to shape the future of AEIRS in significant ways. Member input is just one more privilege of membership. Your opinion counts. Vote now!
The 2014-2015 Candidates are posted on the Election Page and the ballot is posted in the Member Section of the website. Once you log into the member’s area, select My Opportunity to Vote Online to see the ballot. Make your selection for each office: one for President-Elect, one for Director-at-Large, and one for Life Member Elevation.
The AEIRS advocates higher health care standards and the Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility and Excellence (CARE) in Medical Imaging and
Radiation Therapy bill promotes a minimum level of education, knowledge and skill level for individuals working in medical imaging and
radiation therapy. Please take a moment to look at the link to the CARE bill and contact your local congressional members in support of this
Visit the ASRT website for more
The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging
The AEIRS advocates the use of the highest standards of radiation protection that will facilitate diagnosis and/or treatment. In keeping with ALARA principles, these include but are not limited to the use of shielding and the use of the appropriate amount of radiation necessary for medical imaging or treatment.
Visit the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging Website
View the summer issue of Butterfly Effect newsletter
View the fall issue of Butterfly Effect newsletter
Our webpage offers subject matter under five headings:
- Home Page will give you information regarding what's new with the organization, updates on our past and upcoming meetings and seminars, a way to keep you posted on our progress with our 5 year strategic plan along with election postings.
- About Us gives you a look at the strong history of the organization including charter members, past presidents, past Honors lecturers with our annual Call for Honors Lecturer, and the Academy of Fellows and the annual call for Fellows applications are also a part of this section. Contact information for the Board of Directors and all committee, liaison, and appointments are included here. The AEIRS Bylaws and any proposed changes to be voted on at our annual meeting can be viewed in this section too. Breaking news or information that is pertinent to our profession will be added as events or topics arise.
- Members only allows AEIRS members in good standing to view our exclusive periodicals including past issues of our progressive journal the Radiologic Science and Education and past issues of our newsletter the Spectrum. Members will also be able to vote for elections online and participate in online surveys to direct the leadership of AEIRS too. In addition, members can update their contact information through this section and download any forms or applications relating to AEIRS membership.
- Services section includes membership applications, links to our periodicals along with submission deadlines and contact information to our editors. To build networking among radiologic and imaging education professionals, a networking section the AEIRS Forum, with a bulletin board and communication dialogue is new too. Viewers in this section will also be able to track postings on upcoming annual meetings or seminars with a link to provide online registration for attendance.
- Resources is a section designed to be a first stop for educators to post or check out our Job Board, curriculum information, and teaching materials to complement your program. Our online store offering specialized AEIRS merchandise will also be a part of our resources. In this section, you will also be able to link to other professional organizations including advance degree programs.